Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I am being called to write...What does it mean?

I don't want to sound obsessive or strange, but everyday I think about what I should or could be writing. There will be a "divine appointment" or a funny happening or a wonderful realization or encounter and I will think about how I can't wait to write about it. However, the busyness of life just keeps getting in the way. I would like to declare here and now that I will no longer be letting my passion for writing go by the wayside. Time will be devoted each week to getting my thoughts on paper or on this blog. I won't lie to you, I have no idea how I will be making this a reality, but the first step is to notice and then make a plan. Right?

God has been revealing a lot to me lately. If you don't know me well, I am a planner. I like to schedule things and write them in my Erin Condren planner, which I love so much! Sometimes, I see my daughter running around trying to schedule things with others too, just so that she can write it down and have a plan. Oh goodness, what have I done! All that to say, I always had a plan for my life and where I would go professionally. Now as I see my passions steer elsewhere, the future doesn't seem so clear. I have no idea what this means except that I will have to continue to rely solely on God and the plan he has for me. I think it may include writing, leading, speaking, and singing. But to be brutally honest, I have no idea, so for now I will write because I know I need to be doing that with all certainty.

My journey begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog and adding your comment! I really appreciate it!

Gretchen :)